Hair is an essential part of your body that can influence the way you look and feel. There have been many people who despite putting in the hours and the effort on their hair but still don’t manage to make their hair healthier like they wish to.
If you’re such a person, you have come to the right place. It often happens that ineffectual efforts mean that you are inefficiently dealing with your hair. Once you take the time to actually understand your hair, only then can you treat it well. Let’s go and search for the secret recipe to making your hair the healthiest it has been!
Understanding your Hair
When it comes to understanding your hair, you need to look beyond knowing the type of hair you have. For example, many people are satisfied knowing that their hair is straight, curly, wavy, or even kinky (tightly wound, weak curls). To keep your hair in its optimum condition it is important that you learn to tell what its appearance signifies.
Here are some common hair conditions that you can easily diagnose and treat on your own.
- Split Ends: look carefully at the tips of your hair. If you notice that your hair is splitting at its ends, it is a sign of poor conditioning and dryness. To get rid of split ends it is advised that you avoid using too many chemical products in your hair, and use a good conditioner for rehydration, like something from Prose hair.
- Greasy Hair: if your hair is oily to look at or touch, it is a sign of unhealthy eating habits, stress, as well as washing too much. If you are used to washing your hair daily with shampoo, it is likely that your scalp is producing excess oil as a replacement.
- Dull Hair: if your hair is losing its regular luster it is an indication of chemical or heat damage. In such cases, it is recommended that you use a moisturizing shampoo and use cold water to wash your hair.
Hair as an Indicator of Greater Health Issues
Research has shown that your hair condition can tell you about the overall health of your body. Here is a quick rundown of the body ailments that can be gauged simply by evaluating your hair condition.
- Diet Imbalances: people who consume too much junk food have dry and brittle hair. This means that your hair is in dire need of essential nutrients such as zinc, monounsaturated fats, and Omega-3 fatty acids which are found in healthy food such as fish, vegetables, and nuts. Moreover, thinning hair is a sign of protein deficiency.
- Excessive Hair Loss: if you are losing too much hair it may indicate that your body is anemic or suffering from thyroid disease.
- Premature Graying: one of the major indicators of copper deficiency in bodies is the early graying of the hair.
As you have seen, simply evaluating your hair with a critical eye can be a key to understanding not just its nature but also how to treat it right. It is no secret that people have different kinds of hair and in different conditions. This means that each person needs to customize their hair treatment so that their hair is the healthiest it has ever been.
Since your hair has the power to communicate with you, it is a good idea to listen to what it is trying to say. If your hair has split ends, it probably means your hair is dry and needs more nutrients to be nourished and healthy. Hope this helps you understand your hair as well as give an idea of how to treat it better.